A fully-featured set of office applications (including word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, drawing and database programs) for Mac OS X. Based on the OpenOffice.org office suite, NeoOffice incorporates dozens of native Mac features and can import, edit, and exchange files with other popular office programs such as Microsoft Office. Unlike the Mac OS X release of OpenOffice.org, NeoOffice does not require the X11 windowing system.
Released as free, open-source software under the GNU General Public License (GPL), NeoOffice is fully functional and stable enough for everyday use. The software is actively developed, and updates and improvements are available on a regular basis.
What’s New in this Version
- Based on OpenOffice.org 2.2.1 codebase
- Support for Microsoft Office 2007 Excel and PowerPoint document formats
- Support for Mac OS X 10.5 Beta
- Support for Quick Look under Mac OS X 10.5
- Access to the Mac OS X Address Book as a data source
- Use of the native Mac OS X spell-checker for supported languages
- Enhanced the Akua set of toolbar icons with a more Aqua appearance
- Support for printing high resolution images at their expected DPI